BKM Sowan Horan, LLP has the technical knowledge and resources, as well as the experience, to provide expert forensic accounting and litigation consulting services. We have extensive experience providing expert witness testimony at trail, deposition and in arbitration in support of the work have performed. We are equally comfortable working with counsel from small boutique firms to the largest and most notable international law firms, as well as on behalf of both plaintiffs/claimants and defendants/respondents. Our experts have also served as arbitrators, court-appointed experts and receivers.
Areas of Expertise
Our traditional forensic and litigation services are augmented by our extensive capabilities in the area of data analytics. We have developed dozens of scripts and routines to retrieve and analyze data. These routines allow us to tailor analyses to case needs regardless of industry or type of data (e.g. cash, receivables and payables, revenue and expense, inventory and procurement, job costing, payroll, etc.). Examples include the following areas of analysis:
- Duplicate checks and sequence gaps
- Duplicate/split invoices and purchase orders
- Invoices without purchase orders
- Ghost/favored vendors
- Inventory and other asset write-offs
- Revenue reversals and credit memos
- Billing to shipment matching and gap analysis
- Duplicate or ghost employee payments
- Missing, duplicate or out-of-balance journal entrees
- Weekend or holiday transaction activity
These analyses can also be utilized on operational, human resources and other data, in additional to financial data.