Employee Benefit Plans are a significant and growing part of our practice. While employee benefit plan audits are viewed by some as compliance driven, we believe that we can add value due to our level of experience with large plans as well as our expanded interaction with your other trusted advisors.
We recognize that not all plans are the same and tailoring is necessary to address the levels or risk and complexity of each of our individual audits. This is especially important in connection with the audit of our larger plans which include:
- Multi-employer plans
- Multiple plans within an individual organization
- Large participant populations with complicated vesting and/or profit sharing calculations
- Investments in Master Trust vehicles with expanded disclosures and allocations
- Investments in Self-Directed accounts
- Employer traded stock and submission of Form 11-K with the SEC.
- Defined Benefit Pension plans
Often, fiduciary responsibility rests with the officers of the plan who are not necessarily involved in the day-to-day operations of the plan. We are here to help. Our collaborative approach and continuous involvement can help you stay in compliance with ERISA and assist with your annual filing requirements.
We are a member of the American Institute of CPAs Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, which is a voluntary membership center for firms that audit employee benefit plans and want to meet the challenges of performing quality audits in this unique and complex area. We are also a registered firm with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).